Thursday, February 16, 2012

Hello Juicing World

Hello Juicing World :)

A few months ago I watch a documentary on juicing called, Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead. Its all about juice fasting for 10++ days. At the time I was very interested but never got around to buying a juicer. Until yesterday...I was voicing my weigh loss struggles on Facebook..when a friend reminded me about this documentary(Which is on Netflix btw). I decided to watch it again and decided at 8:30 last night that I was going to Walmart to get a juicer and some veggies. Right away I had to try out this fruit and veggie drink. It takes a few minutes to clean everything and cut it all up but I was pleasantly surprised at how "not terrible" it tasted.

Since I am all new to this I didnt want to go all out on a juicer so I looked online at Walmart and found a juicer for only $30!! Its a Black and Decker and had raving reviews! Now, once I get more into this Ill probably get a fancy shamcy one since they are bigger and easier. This works for the time being.

Aside from the juicer I had to get some veggies. I had looked online at some recipes and decided to start with the one from the documentary. Calls for: Kale, Granny Smith Apples, Cucumber, Celery, Lemon, and Ginger root. I realized this is going to cost me approx 15-20 bucks a day. Since I have tomorrow off I will be spending the day finding a farm stand so drop the price a bit.

All in all the drink isn't bad....I added a few ice cubes since its pretty warm once its made and its a lot easier to stomach if its cold. This morning I also added a few strawberries to sweeten it up a bit.

   
                                                            Before:



                                                      After:


I am on my way to looking and feeling fabulous! :)

UPDATE: I got my burchbox invite today!! They said I will be getting my box of goodies in about a month or so! Cant wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment